The information that we collect about you will only be used lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation). All data is retained within the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area (EEA) and transferred only to countries outside the EEA where that country has an adequate level of legal protection for personal data or where we use an appropriate safeguard (as provided for by data protection laws) for protecting your personal data when it is transferred. You have the right to ask us for the details of any such safeguard that we use to transfer your personal data to a destination outside the EEA.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data depends on our reasons for processing your data in a particular situation. We use information held about you (and information about others) in the following ways:
- To provide you with our services and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (i.e. for the performance of a contract between us);
- To provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes or otherwise where you are an existing customer and you have not opted out of receiving marketing messages about similar products to those you have purchased. Unless you ask us not to, we will provide you with direct marketing by way of email or social media message (i.e. on the basis that you have provided your consent or because it is in our legitimate interests).
- To ensure the content on our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device (legitimate interests); and
- To notify you about changes to our service (performance of a contact and/or legitimate interests).
We may disclose your personal information to any partner of Pact and/or a member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets;
- if Pact or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Pact, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
The data we collect from you is stored in the EEA but may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside of the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA. However, we will only transfer personal data to a destination outside the EEA if we have a lawful basis for doing so and where we have implemented an appropriate safeguard recognised by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Your passwords are stored on Pact servers in encrypted form. We do not disclose your account details, postal or email addresses to anyone except when legally required to do so.
When placing an order, information (such as your name, address and payment card details) that is exchanged between your browser and our website is transferred in encrypted form using Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) to our payment provider, Stripe.
It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent any unauthorised access.
We use industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of data, including encryption, firewalls and SSL. We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your data.
This website places cookies, which are small data files, on your computer or handheld device. This is standard practice for all websites. These cookies are essential for helping us deliver a high-quality website and online shopping experience for our customers, and some collect information about browsing and buying behaviour.
By using and browsing this website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must disable cookies from your browser's options menu or refrain from using the site.